Connect Westminster – About the Scheme
SpecTronics is working in partnership with Westminster City Council in leading the way to enable local businesses to access better and faster broadband. Your business could get up to £2k towards faster and better broadband, through the Connect Westminster Scheme.
Westminster City Council has recently secured £2.8m to deliver an ERDF funding project that aims to connect SMEs within Westminster and the West End Partnership area to gigabit capable broadband connections. The Council sees the provision of future proof broadband as essential to help businesses to grow and break down barriers to growth.
The funding will enable small to medium sized enterprises to receive up to £2,000 towards the capital cost of their connections. All connections will deliver speeds of at least 30MB/s but have the capability of being configured to deliver gigabit speeds.
Faster, better, broadband is essential for businesses wanting to boost their bottom line.
With faster, better broadband, you can:
- Grow and access new markets through better communication with customers and suppliers
- Increase security through fast, secure back-up of data
- Increase your productivity, whilst attracting and retaining the best staff
- Improve customer service by sending or uploading large files quickly and reliably
- Increase your bottom line by improving your customer satisfaction ratings
- Futureproof your business to equip you with the digital challenges of tomorrow.
To qualify for your £2,000 voucher you must meet the following criteria:
- Employ fewer than 250 persons
- Annual turnover is below €50m
- Your balance sheet is below €43m
- Your business is not a subsidiary and/or under the control of a larger SME entity (25 threshold)
- Must comply with the European State Aid rules
- Have received less than €200,000 in other grants in the current and two previous financial years